Chia seed pudding is all the rage these days. For breakfast, we like a little kick in ours, so we’ve created this delectable new BFF mocha version of the classic chia seed pudding. Set in mason jars, this makes the perfect breakfast or snack on-the-go. It’s also super quick to prep the night before. Double the recipe if you eat them as quickly as we do!
This pudding isn’t super sweet so if you have a sweet tooth you may want to add more sweetener of your choice for a dessert you’ll enjoy.
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or agave or honey)
- 1 dash salt
- 2 8oz mason jars for refrigeration
- Berries for topping (optional)
- Place all ingredients (except mason jars and berries) in a bowl and whisk together, ensuring none of the cocoa powder is in clumps.
- Use a spatula to pour into 2 8 oz mason jars, scraping sides of bowl.
- Seal jars and refrigerate for 5 hours or more. When the pudding is a jelly-like consistency, you’ll know it’s ready!
- Top with berries, grab a spoon, and dig in to enjoy!
Nutrition: 259 calories, 11.4 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 93.8 mg sodium, 166.9 mg potassium, 36.5 g carbs, 12.5 fibre, 20.0 g sugar, 6.6 g protein, 5% vitamin A, 43.2% calcium, 21.1%