Do you live for a nice, salty crunch? We’ve got the perfect, healthy recipe for you!
These chickpea chips offer the perfect little snack to satisfy your cravings, while giving you the nutritional benefits of chickpeas healthy fats, fibre, and protein. So whip a can of chickpeas out of the pantry, grab your spices, and get baking!
- 1 19 oz can of chickpeas
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, and dry well with a tea towel
- Toss chickpeas in olive oil.
- Lay out on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown, but not burnt.
- Combine spices a medium sized bowl
- Toss chickpeas with spicy immediately when they come out the over.
TIP: where an oven mit in one hand while collecting chickpeas in a spoon with the other to prevent burns.
Nutrition (for 1/4 of recipe): 151 calories, 5.5 g fat (0.6 g saturated, 0.7 g polyunsaturated, 2.6 g monounsaturated, 0 g trans), 0 mg cholesterol, 284.5 mg sodium, 139.1 mg potassium, 21.3 g carbs, 6 g fibre, 3 g sugar, 6 g protein, 51.7% vitamin A, 0.6% vitamin C, 3.4% calcium, 11.4% iron.